Hospitality Level 2
||HABC Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Food and Beverage Service (QCF) 600/3825/5
What are the aims of this course?
Apprenticeships allow 16+ year olds to start work and earn a wage, while learning new skills that lead to nationally recognised qualifications. Apprenticeships are designed with the help of employers in the industry, so they offer a structured programme that takes apprentices through the skills needed to do a job well. Most of an apprentice's training takes place on the job but they will also have to complete off-the-job training by day release.
What are the areas covered by this course?
The Apprenticeship covers the following:
- Taking food and drink orders
- Maintaining a high standard of customer care
- Taking opportunities to maximise sales in a discreet manner
- Ensuring that tables are cleaned quickly and efficiently
- Preparing and checking bills and receiving payment
- Stocking shelves and refrigerators
- Preparing garnishes
- Serving snacks and a wide range of beverages
- Processing payment
- Health and safety, including food safety
What qualifications do I need to do this course?Applicants should: - have a keen interest in providing excellent customer service and in working as part of a team - have a 'can do attitude' - have basic communication skills - be excellent timekeepers - be willing to work shifts, which will normally be outside the 9-5 pattern
How is the course assessed?The Apprenticeship is assessed by continuous assessment of practical, written and oral work, the production of a portfolio of work, online testing, and assessment in the workplace.
Which qualification will I be awarded if I successfully complete the course?At the end of the programme apprentices will have achieved:
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Food and Beverage Service
- Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles (Food and Beverage Service)
- Functional skills in Maths, English and ICT
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
What will I be able to go on to do after I've completed this course?On completion of the Food and Beverage Service Intermediate Apprenticeship at level 2 apprentices can go on to study on an Advanced Apprenticeship in Hospitality Supervision and Leadership, or other vocational qualifications relating to the hospitality and catering industry.
What are the career opportunities?On completion of this apprenticeship, apprentices will be qualified to work as a waiter or silver service waiter, or as bar staff. With further training, this could lead on to a more senior position within the hospitality and catering industry, such as a shift/team Leader, head of waiting staff moving, food and beverage manager, conference and banqueting manager, restaurant manager, assistant bar manager, bar manager, publican,
How much will the course cost me?You can call our office on 0161 972 4001 for details of the fees for this course.