Counselling Level 2
||Pearson/Edexcel Certificate in Counselling Skills 600/0596/8
For more information and prices download our:
Counselling Concepts Level 2 Leaflet
The Edexcel BTEC Level 2 Award and Certificate in Counselling Skills have been developed to give learners the opportunity to:
• engage in learning that is relevant to them and which will provide opportunities
• to develop skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes helpful for successful performance in working life
• achieve a nationally-recognised, level 2, vocationally-related qualification
• progress to employment in a particular vocational sector
• progress to related general and/or vocational qualifications.
Mandatory units include:
- Using Counselling Skills
- Introduction to counselling Skills
- Diversity and Ethics in the use of Counselling Skills
- Counselling Skills and Personal Development
Candidates complete a portfolio of evidence. This portfolio will include records of workplace observations, products of work, written questions and proof of verbal questioning, witness testimonies and evidence of professional discussion, as well as any other evidence that has been deemed valid by their assessor, eg case studies, reflective accounts, etc. Please note there is no exam.
What will I be able to do after I've completed this course?This qualification is designed to introduce counselling skills. Learners intending to become practising counsellors should progress to other BTEC qualifications.
Learners will not be able to progress to employment as a counsellor on completion of this certificate.
The Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills (QCF) is designed to provide:
• education and training for those who may use counselling skills when working with others
• opportunities for those who may use counselling skills when working with others to achieve a nationally-recognised, Level 2, vocationally-specific qualification
• opportunities for learners to gain a nationally-recognised, vocationally-specific qualification to assist in entering employment in fields working with people or to progress to further vocational qualifications such as the Level 3 Certificate or Diploma in Counselling Skills
• the knowledge, understanding and skills learners need as an introduction to counselling skills
• opportunities for learners to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal qualities and attributes essential for successful performance in working life.
What qualifications or experience do I need to do this course?Candidates must be either employed in a relevant role within the sector or be operating as an experienced volunteer. We recommend that you are volunteering for a minimum of two days per week and that you have at least six months' experience before commencing the programme.
Whilst experience is more relevant than formal qualifications, a good standard of English is required (level 2 equivalent in literacy) and all candidates must undertake the literacy assessment and numeracy to confirm this. IT competence is also required as some work must be submitted via email, so you must also have an email address and regular access to IT.
Which qualification will I be awarded if I successfully complete the course?Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
How much will the course cost me?You can call our office on 0161 972 4001 for details of the fees or funding available for this course.